Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm not ready...

Just as I was getting comfy dealing with a few years back home...I had some pretty startling revelations. Don't get me wrong, besides disliking my job (most of the time) and not having a lot of prospects for a better one, being home has not been so bad. But the prospect of staying here for 20 years makes me want to vomit...and on that subject...I found out I was pregnant almost two weeks ago.

Pregnant. I was somewhere between four and six weeks (don't ask...conception is a confusing thing apparently...even to medical professionals) when I found out. I think I should be around seven now. And yes I found out basically on my seven year anniversary. I've definately had some pretty conflicting thoughts on what to do next. But as Taylor says, "Why waste a perfectly good baby."

So I'm still working at a pretty gay job. I'm definately not going to tell them until I figure out if they are going to make me full time or not. If not...god only knows. I had a good four year plan...Now I barely have a four minute plan. But I know that I still want to go to grad school and fate willing I'll be able to. We still want to move to Cali too....and the baby will be three by then so I think we will be fine.

I really want to explore some part-time job options for post-pregnancy (around the end of May). I would of course really love to write. Maybe the whole pregnancy baby thing could open up some freelance things.

Anywho hopefully I can write more on this blog, or at least a bit more regularly and I'm also thinking of doing a pregnancy blog...maybe call it I need more than 9 months to be ready!

I suppose even though I generally feel like I'm insane and I'm going to vomit my brains out, everything does happen for a reason. This baby, boy or girl, will be loved by two parents who deeply love each other. We may not be ready, but hopefully we'll figure it out...we've gotten this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment